Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Up's and Downs

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I have been horrible about blogging recently. I have been quite up and down for the past couple months. The important this is that I now as of May 7th, 2009 am feeling great!

Lets first start off with where I left off. My ski trip in Aspen with shining stars. This trip was truly an amazing experience. I loved it so much. I pretty much told my side effects from radiation that they weren't going to affect me this week and I was going to ski like a mad man. Which I did. Up on the beautiful mountain of buttermilk I skied about 3-5 hours a day. I had so much fun and I had an awesome ski instructor named Marilyn. We all up there had our own ski instructors and I definitely would say mine was the best! I met some kids up there that were really awesome and still keep in touch with them to this day. I had so much fun up there with all these kids and the Ski'ing was truly amazing. Here are a few pictures from the camp.





Yeah it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately we lost one of my friends when she came back home after her surgery. My friend Saret who is in the first two pictures with the purple jacket on. She was really amazing and I'm glad i got to know her. That night my roommate who is also a really amazing kid had a little party in our room (remember this is a bunch of cancer kids so there was no alchohal or anything). And that night I got to know Saret really well and we had alot of fun for a little hotel room party. We stayed up till like 1 or 2!! It was awesome. Unfortunately the last few hours of the party I started to get really tired and sick. That next day we left for Denver and that same night i was in the Emergency room.
I somehow found a way to spike a 104 temperature and I really didn't feel great. My mom and I spent most of that night in the ER and I eventually got better with IV fluids and resting. Unfortunately they have me this stupid steroid a few times in this time frame that has made me gain a ton of weight. It really has been awful and at that time I was "puffier" than ever.
It took me a while to get back to normal and get back to regulating hormones and steroids and all my medicines. But for a few weeks now I have really been feeling great. I have had energy and even have been out to practice for hockey a few times!!
I am working out regularly and things are starting to look up finally. My hair is even growing back!! Well a little :].
I am now hoping to finish up with a few classes for school and move on to summer school and hockey this summer instead of spending it in the hospital! :]
Thanks for all your support and prayers
I am so lucky to have so many great friends and a great family
-Tristan Close

No comments: