Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 1 of treatment

I would first like to thank my guest writters for blogging while i was gone. I am so lucky to have so much great support. Again thanks!

Over the weekend i went up to Aspen for my hockey teams tournament up there. This was a fun experience even though i wasnt on the ice to help them out. We lost just short of the championship game but i had fun cheering my team on.

Yesterday i had my surgery. This surgery involved getting a medi port put in. Overall the surgery went pretty good. The area that it was put in is still sore and uncomfortable but it will get better. My shoulder from the side it was put on hurts as well but it is managable pain.

Today i started my first round of chemo. This didnt go to bad. I was ready to stay positive and get through the day with a smile on my face. I do not feel really different. I do feel a bit tired but nothing unusual. I have decided tonight to shave my head. I think its better to do so instead of being creeped out by having hand fulls of hair coming out. Thank you all so much for your support again!

2 comments:

Sue and Dale said...

Hey Tristan, it's Sue & Dale. Although we are down in Florida now we will be keeping track of your progress. You are in our thoughts and our prayers every second of every day. I just wish I could be there to help you & your parents go through these tough times. I love your blog page & I will be checking on you daily. Love to all of you, Sue & Dale

maria wyckmans said...

Yo Tristan!!! (or whom I adoringly call "spaghetti pie")

It's "old lady" here. Ya know, I've got this LONG auburn hair waiting for you. I'm just waiting to snip it off for you. You've got to become a "ginger" Just ask Britney and Tyler...you don't know what you're missing...smile! Anyway, I love ya to pieces. Hang in there and know that we are all praying for you.
Big hugs,

"Old Lady" Wyckmans