Saturday, December 20, 2008

End of chemo?

I am finally feeling somewhat decent from chemo. A lot of ups and downs have happened but I have made it through most of the downs. My appetite has been getting a lot better as well. I have been going on with my regular tutoring with my two classes of math and English. That has been getting better as I try to get back on top of things at school. I had an MRI on Friday afternoon. This was a big test depending on if I have another round of chemo or not. If it is good then I get to move onto radiation on the 24th. On the 23rd I have a spinal tap that also depends on if I move on from radiation.

My Dad and brother have been attending this class at our health club called boot camp. On one of the mornings they made a donation to help me get a Colorado Avalanche jersey. They actually raised over $700.00. The instructor Linda also arranged for my whole family to attend a game and have access to the Avs locker room after the game so I could get the Jersey signed by the whole Team. I would like to also take this time to thank them a lot. They really made my night perfect and I am very grate full to have so many good friends like them.

The picture turned out really good of the jersey:





Thanks very much and I will try my best to blog right after we know about the next round of chemo or radiation.

Thanks,
Tristan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tristy i love you soo much. you've been pulling through this whole thing so well and you're such an inspiration hun. ilove you and we're still gonna buy that house together someday and live happily ever after :)

Anonymous said...

We were delighted with the good news from your grandmother Smith that the chemo was successful! You're on your way, young man,with praise to the Good Lord and to your fine doctors who are His hands on earth. Know that you are prayed for at Sunday morning services at St. Paul's here in New Orleans, as well as at last night's and this morning's Christmas services. Keep on hanging in and looking forward! Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Norris and Bob