Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The 18 day break part 3

Yesterday (Monday) and today has been going pretty well. I have not been throwing up at all and only having a few headaches. Although i have been very tired during the day and have felt like sleeping quite a bit.

Yesterday was a really fun day because i got to go and skate at my hockey practice. It has not really occurred to me until this past week how great my hockey team is. Although we spend a lot of our game time in the penalty box and could be known as a bunch of goons, they have meant a lot to me. These guys have put a smile on my face so much in the past couple weeks its been awesome. Its been really fun to get to watch them go out and play even though i haven't been able to help them out there. I would really like to thank all of them for all their support during this time. They have truly been great! I can't wait to get back on the ice with them!

I am also excited yesterday our coach picked captains and assistant captains and I was picked as one of the assistant captains. This meant a lot to me and this is just the motivation I will use to try to go to our games still even during chemo!

Today, I woke up with a small headache but it was fixed right away with medicine. I have no chemo therapy this week and the only hospital visit i have is Thursday to test my blood counts.
So this week i am having math/English tutoring every day for about two hours a day.

I am also hoping to skate at my next hockey practice which is Thursday.

Thanks all for your prayers and support!!

-Tristan

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Tristan,

Hope you're feeling as un-nauseous and non-headachy as possible. I understand Denver got snow. I'm jealous. We got 5 days of non-stop rain.
Hopefully, you'll be up to enjoying Thansgiving Dinner, or at least desert. And, with CHristmas break coming up, you're friends can spend more time hanging out - they'd better!
You're in my thoughts and you're a few days closer to being past all this.

Eileen