Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chemo - half way done (or more)!!

Chemo went as well as it could be expected. I really did not feel to great during it and it was a tough time. The first day was the toughest. I went in around 9:30 and i had about 6-7 hours there. I was put into a room and for the most part i rested and played x box. Something that i have realized during chemo is that anything you eat or crave during it, you never want to eat again. The next day it just sounds like the worst thing ever. The first day was definitely the roughest day. Days 2 and 3 were okay. I only had about 1-2 hours of chemo and it was mostly getting in and out pretty quickly. Over all it kinda sucked but I find small little things to look forward to during chemo like getting home and resting. I was not able to get to my hockey practices this week but I am probably most definitely feeling good enough to go to them this week.

When I am at home i can mostly keep my pain under control. I have had quite a bit of nausea and haven't been able to walk due to dizziness. This week I am doing my tutoring Monday and Tuesday and hopefully hockey practice.

Tuesday i have a blood test to test my counts depending on if i can play in my hockey tournament this weekend up in Hyland Hills. The Dr.'s said not to plan on playing.

I am very excited that chemo is over half way done (so we think). I am also hopeful radiation therapy will go smoothly so i can go back to school and hockey. Going through all of this it really makes me think how grateful it is to just go to school and have a normal day and see all my friends. I really miss that but I am hoping its not too long before that can happen.

I will try and write more now that I am on chemo break again!

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

-Tristan

p.s- If any of you get a phone call from me asking if i can stay with you don't act surprised, my parents are pretty fed up with me.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey Tristan~
god kiddo we all miss you.
i am so glad your holding up and hopefully feeling kinda better soon.
i really hope to see you soon again.
how was your frosting cake?
ahh anyways we will text later.
i hope to see you doing better really soon.
miss you in class.
love always,
Hannah Crowley

Anonymous said...

Tristan, hey buddy. we havent had health together very long, partially because you and i didnt do our part to show up but im the chick that sits next to you and plays hockey for the jr. pioneers. I cant believe youre going thru this but it sounds like youre staying positive. I wish you the absolute best on your way back to to being healthy and i hope we can see you soon in class and on the ice. Hope you're doing well, hang in there buddy
we all miss ya,
Bre

Anonymous said...

Tristan! I hope you are doing well. We (meaning your wonderful health class) all miss you. You must be such a strong and brave kid for going through all of this. I'm glad things are going relatively well. Know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.
~Noelle E.

Diana Smith said...

Tristan:

You have made some very mature observations in your last blog! You are quite a guy! Maybe we should come out and stay with you and send your Mom and Dad to a hotel for some R & R!!!

We love you.
Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tristan--Congratulations on having gone "over the hump" in your chemotherapy treatments. 1 years ago, I had an even #,4, and I felt like celebrating when the 2nd was done. One good thing about the chemotherapy (in addition to the big good thing that it's getting rid of those mean old cancer cells) was that it made the later radiation treatments seem like a walk in the park by comparison. Trust me, you will feel later in your life that you can conquer pretty much anything life throws at you by recalling that you got through chemotherapy. Adding butter, gravy, syrup as appropriate to your food will help it go down (my friend, Julie, who did chemotherapy fifteen years ago & is still going strong told me about that trick). Keep on keeping on, sport! Best wishes always, Norris in New Orleans

Anonymous said...

OOPS--that should have been 11years ago, not "1". Norris

Eileen said...

Tristan,

I doubt very much your parents want to ship you off somewhere, but if this is the case, see if you can get a crazy adventure vacation out of it - maybe camel racing in Egypt or scaling cliff walls hanging over the ocean. I also hear space tourism is taking off (terribly bad joke, I know).

I also see that Jon has let you in on the secret power of bald men. Seems we can't shut him up. Just use your power wisely, k?

Eileen

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving :)

Unknown said...

Hey Tristan
I have finally figured this thing out. Your grandma and grandpa are here in Houston for Thanksgiving. Wish we were all here together.
So what a bummer about losing your taste for things-I know that feeling. Got sick on Jambalaya a month ago and the thought of Jambalaya still freaks me out.

Anyway just want to say how proud of you I am. You are so strong and brave. Your Uncle Football talks about your strong spirit all the time.

Well, your next!!! Caleb came and visited so next year some time it will be your turn so we can enjoy your company too.

Keep up the good mood. And don't think about turkey or any of your favorite Thanksgiving sides until Thanksgiving so you'll enjoy them.
Have a Good Turkey!
Love ya Tristan.
Aunt Signe

Coach Dave said...

Hi Tristan,
We hope to see you in Highland Hills today! Get the team pumped-up!
Caoch Dave